5 Tips for Running During the Winter
by Kathleen Leninger, DPT, from NY CUSTOM PERFORMANCE
Believe it or not, winter is going to come! Winter runs can be some of the most enjoyable workouts of the year, if you do it right. Here are 5 tips to help you have a successful running winter!
- Stretching is more important than ever! Whether you like static or dynamic stretches, make sure you do them and inside if possible.
- If you are afraid there are slippery conditions, shorten your stride. Not only will this prevent you from falling it might also improve your cadence
- Make sure everyone see's you. Wear your bright colors so people can see you when you are out running as it gets dark out.
- Layer up. This is a good time to use your holiday gift cards to by good quality, warm layers.
- Stay hydrated. Even thought you aren't sweating as much as in the summer, make sure you are still staying hydrated.